Vegie-packed brown rice salad
- 150 g basmati or long-grain rice Uncooked 3/4 of cup
- 50 g snow peas halved
- 75 g Frozen broad beans thawed
- 1 stalks celery whole head sliced
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 15 g bunch of fresh parsley 1/4 cup chopped
- 15 g bunch fresh coriander 1/4 cup chopped
- ½ Green apple cored and sliced
- 35 g sun dried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 30 g walnuts 1/4 cup roughly chopped
- 1 cloves garlic clove crushed
- 4 tbsp apple juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cook rice according to packet instructions. Drain. Cool.
- Meanwhile, blanch snow peas in boiling water for 1 minute, then plunge into a bowl of cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Place broad beans into a microwave-proof bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Drain, cool and remove shells.
- Combine vegies, fruit and walnuts with cooled rice.
- Whisk together garlic, juice and oil. Pour over salad and toss to combine.