Roast Beetroot & Pumpkin Salad
- 2-3 baby beetroots
- 1 cup rocket
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas washed and drained
- ½ cup pumpkin cubed
- 15 g reduced fat feta
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Wash beetroot and remove stems and roots.
- Wrap beetroot individually in aluminium foil and place on baking paper on an ovenproof tray. On the same tray place the cubes of pumpkin and spray with olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until beetroot and pumpkin are soft then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove foil from beetroot and cut into quarters (lengthways). (TIP: wear rubber gloves to do this so your hands don’t get stained).
- Place beetroot, pumpkin, chickpeas and rocket in a large mixing bowl. Add balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Toss to combine. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top. Season with salt and pepper if desired.