Chicken, chickpea and broccoli bake
- 350 g wholemeal penne
- 3 cups broccoli cut into florets
- spray oil
- 400 g skinless chicken breast chopped
- 200 g mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas
- 4 tbsp light spreadable cream cheese
- ½ cup light evaporated milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 400g tin diced tomatoes
- ⅔ cup Reduced-fat grated cheese
- Fresh parsley to serve
- Step 1 Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish. Place pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for a further 4 minutes. Drain, return pasta and broccoli to pan. Remove from heat.
- Step 2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Add chicken and cook until browned. Remove chicken. Add mushroom to pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Step 3 Add pesto, cream cheese and milk to pan. Cook, stirring, until heated through. Pour sauce over pasta. Stir in spinach, chickpeas tomato and chicken. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle top with cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with salad.