Molly Warner, Gastrointestinal and Intuitive Eating Dietitian
Hi I am Molly, from My Nutrition Clinic. I have Coeliac Disease. I know how overwhelming or even a shock this can be. Where to begin? Let me help.
There are a number of things that need to be done for someone with newly diagnosed Coeliac Disease. It’s a lifelong commitment to food, your body and your health.
- See a dietitian with an interest in Coeliac Disease for assistance with the Gluten Free diet. We’ll discuss and provide information on:
- The pathophysiology of Coeliac Disease (what it is, how it works)
- Label reading for a gluten free lifestyle – food, drink and beyond
- Gluten free food products
- Identifying contamination risk
- Managing gut symptoms and other intolerances
- Kitchen management
- Eating out on a gluten free diet
- Explaining your gluten free requirements to others
- Managing school/work lunches
- Coping with food envy
- Ensuring adequate nutrition with a balanced gluten free diet
- Recipes! Meal ideas! Practical tips and tricks for making life easier!
- Screen for nutrient deficiencies and associated conditions
- Connect with other people with Coeliac Disease’s for support – we’ll show you where
- Grocery store tour – discuss the options for this with Molly
- Mental health support – Research shows the burden of Coeliac Disease (Shar 2014) is greater than many other chronic conditions and support is needed.