Chicken schnitzel with coleslaw
- 2 slices multigrain bread can substitute for wholemeal
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 skinless chicken breast slicedhalf long-ways
- spray oil
- ½ White cabbage finely chopped
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 apple grated
- 80 g reduced-fat plain yoghurt 1/3 cup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
- Add the bread to a food processor or blender to make breadcrumbs. Alternatively, use a grater.
- Combine the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl with the herbs.
- Combine yoghurt and water in a shallow bowl and stir to mix well.
- Coat each piece of chicken with yoghurt mixture, then again with breadcrumb mixture.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with cooking oil and place on low to medium heat.
- Cook the schnitzels for 5 minutes or until golden. Flip over.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine the yoghurt, mustard and lemon juice and mix well.
- Stir through the yoghurt and mustard dressing.
- Combine cabbage, carrot and apple in a large bowl.