Baked salmon with steamed vegetables
- 1 Salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp red thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 0.5 red capsicum Sliced and added to the salmon foil for baking
- 0.5 red onion Sliced and added to the salmon foil for baking
- Prepare salmon by laying on alfoil on a baking tray. Add the marinade/spice mix to the salmon.
- Close the alfoil and put in the oven
- Cook at 180 degrees for approx. 10-20mins depending on size (you can check by break open the middle of the fillet with a fork to see if it is cooked all the way through. Cook until only just cooked through.
- Serve with rice (e.g Basmati or Doongara) and a rainbow of vegetables cooked anyway.
- Garlic + Olive Oil + paprika (add a salsa of chopped avocado, red onion, coriander and lime once cooked)
- Spread a layer of tomato pesto on top before cooking. Bake with cherry tomatoes and zucchini.
- Honey + Soy marinade: 1tsp garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1⁄4 tsp pepper, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey
- Parmesan crust: 1⁄4 cup panko bread crumbs, 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan, 1 tablespoon chopped parsley – Dunk the salmon in a whisked egg and then coat with the crust mix.
- Sesame: 1 tablespoon soy sauce/tamari, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon rice vinegar, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp sambal oelek, 1 tsp honey
- Lemon herb: olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey and parsley (amounts according to taste)
- Salmon fajita: dash olive oil, pinch of chilli powder, a pinch of smoked paprika, a small pinch of cumin, pepper, zest of lime