- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 avocado mashed
- 400 g 400g tin of no-added-salt red kidney beans rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp chilli powder
- ½ red capsicum finely chopped
- 4 large wholegrain tortillas
- ½ cup Reduced fat cheddar cheese grated
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup light sour cream to serve
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves to serve
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette made with 1 part olive oil to 1 part balsamic vinegar, to serve
- To make tomato salsa, in a small bowl combine tomato, red onion, coriander and half of the lime juice. In another small bowl, combine remaining lime juice and avocado. Set both bowls aside.
- In a medium bowl, place kidney beans and mash gently with a fork. Stir through spices and capsicum.
- Spread one quarter of the bean mixture over half a tortilla. Top with one quarter of the cheese and baby spinach. Fold tortilla over to cover. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Place two folded tortillas in pan. Cook for 2 minutes each side, carefully flipping with a spatula halfway through, until tortillas are golden and cheese has melted. Repeat with remaining two tortillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into four wedges and divide among 4 plates. To serve, top with tomato salsa, mashed avocado and sour cream, with salad leaves tossed in vinaigrette on the side.