Veggie-packed Turkey Chilli
- 2 brown onion roughly chopped
- 2 carrot medium roughly chopped
- 1 celery stalk roughly chopped
- 3 red capsicum deseeded & roughly chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower 900g head roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 700 g turkey mince
- 2 tbsp Mexican spice mix a mix of ground cumin, paprika & chilli
- ½ cup red wine
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Place onions, carrots, celery, capsicums and cauliflower to a large food processor and pulse to a consistent small dice (if you don’t have a food processor, use a sharp knife to finely dice all vegetables).
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan. Add diced vegetables and saute for a few minutes.
- Add turkey and continue to cook for a few more minutes to brown.
- Add spices mix and cook for a few more minutes to release the flavours.
- Add wine to deglaze the saucepan, scraping any brown crunchy bits from the base of the saucepan and stirring through the sauce.
- Stir through tomato paste, mixing well.
- Add passata and stock and stir through to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes to allow flavours to develop and chilli to thicken. Season to taste.
- At the same time, heat remaining oil in a frypan and cook tortilla triangles for a few minutes each side until crisp and golden.
- Divide chilli between bowls and top with yoghurt and coriander and serve with tortilla crisps.