Vegetarian chilli con ‘carne’ sweet potatoes
4 small (275g) sweet potatoes
1 red onion
1 red capsicum
2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 tomatoes
- 400 g can black beans
- ½ cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 avocado
- 200 g reduced-salt natural corn chips
- fresh coriander leaves and lime wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Wrap each sweet potato in foil and place onto a large baking tray. Bake for 50–55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil, set over medium heat. Add onion, capsicum and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring often, for 4–5 minutes, until softening. Stir in paprika, coriander and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes. Cover and simmer mixture, stirring occasionally, over a medium-low heat for 10–12 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender. Stir through the beans and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut an opening lengthways into the top of each sweet potato. Gently squeeze potato sides to open. Top each with the bean mixture, yoghurt, diced avocado and coriander. Serve with corn chips and lime wedges.