- 500 g pumpkin peeled and sliced
- 2 bunches English spinach or young Silver beet washed and sliced
- 500 g Reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 6 spring onion ends trimmed, chopped, including green tops
- ½ bunch of fresh parsley chopped
- 12 lasagne sheets softened in hot water
- 1 tomato-based pasta sauce
- 2 Egg
- 20 g plain flour 2 tbsp
- 2 cup Reduced-fat milk
- pepper to taste
- ground nutmeg to taste
- 60 g parmesan grated – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Microwave the pumpkin for 5 minutes, then cool.
- Place spinach into boiling water until wilted, drain well and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a large bowl combine ricotta, onion and parsley.
- Arrange 3 sheets of lasagne on the base of an ovenproof pan (approx. 33cm x 23cm). Top with 1/3 each of pumpkin, tomato sauce and spinach ricotta mixture. Repeat twice and top with remaining lasagne sheets.
- To make topping, break eggs into flour and mix until smooth. Slowly add milk to flour mixture while whisking, pour into a saucepan and bring to the boil, continue whisking until smooth and thickened. Add pepper and ground nutmeg, pour over top of lasagne and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.