Veg mac & cheese pots
- ½ cup carrot diced
- ½ cup cauliflower
- ½ cup potato
- ½ cup pumpkin diced
- 2 tbsp parmesan grated (for scattering)
- 1 ½ cup dried macaroni
- 2 cup Reduced-fat milk
- 2 tbsp wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup tasty cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook macaroni in a saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place vegetables in a microwave-safe bowl, cover and microwave for 6 minutes on high or until soft. Using a potato masher, mash vegetables to combine.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to make roux. Gradually add milk while whisking continuously for 5 minutes or until sauce almost comes to the boil. Remove from heat, add cheese and mashed vegetables and stir until cheese melts. Add pasta and stir to coat and combine.
- Divide mixture between four 1 1/2 cup ovenproof ramekins or 12 cupcake cases and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake on a baking tray or in muffin pan for 15 minutes or until tops are golden and pots are heated through. Serve with salad.