Teriyaki beef rice bowl
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely grated
- 500 g rump steak fat trimmed
- 2 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 2 broccolini bunches cut into 6cm lengths
- 200 g green beans cut into 6cm lengths
- cooked brown rice gluten-free pickled ginger and sesame seeds, to serve
- Combine soy sauce, sake, honey, half the sesame oil and 2 teaspoons ginger in a bowl. Place half the soy mixture in a shallow dish. Add beef, turning to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Lightly spray a large chargrill or non-stick frying pan with olive oil and heat over high heat. Drain beef of excess marinade, add to pan and cook for 2–3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large wok over high heat. Add carrot, broccolini, beans and remaining ginger and cook for 2–3 minutes or until tender.
- Divide rice among serving bowls. Top with vegetables, beef and pickled ginger. Drizzle over remaining soy mixture, then serve scattered with sesame seeds.