Taco bowl with spicy beans
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Extra virgin
- 1 red onion Finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic clove Crushed
- 2 g ground cumin 1 tsp
- 2 g dried chilli flakes 1/2 tsp
- 4 tomato chopped
- 350 g sweet potatoe peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 400g g tin of black beans Rinsed and drained
- 120 g baby spinach
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 80 g Feta cheese crubmbled
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and spices, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes; simmer for 3–4 minutes. Add chopped sweet potato and beans with 1 cup of water, and bring to the boil. Partially cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until potato is tender and mixture is thick.
- Meanwhile, divide the baby spinach and sliced cucumber between serving bowls. Top with the bean mixture, sliced avocado and crumbled feta.