Sweet potato and zucchini fritters with chickpea salsa
- 1 kg sweet potatoe peeled, grated
- 4 zucchinis trimmed, grated
- 4 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain flour
- spray oil
- 2 400g tin of chickpeas rinsed, drained
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumber finely diced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ celery whole head finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 trays with baking paper. Squeeze excess liquid from sweet potatoes and zucchinis. Place into a bowl, mix with eggs and flour.
- Step 2 Form 24 patties (1cm thick) and place on baking trays. Spray with olive oil and bake for 30 minutes, until crisp and golden. Turn once and spray with oil during cooking.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, make salsa: combine chickpeas, onion, cucumber, tomatoes and celery. Serve fritters with salsa and salad.