Sweet potato and haloumi skewers with couscous salad
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 eggplant
- 2 sweet potatoe
- 180 g haloumi
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 60 g baby rocket
- 1 tbsp white balsamic condiment
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place couscous and 2 cups boiling water in a saucepan and boil over high heat for 10 minutes or until couscous is tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, drizzle a little oil over a barbecue chargrill plate and heat on medium-high heat. Add eggplant and cook for 2 minutes each side or until charred and tender. Transfer to bowl with couscous.
- Cook sweet potato in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes or until almost tender, making sure not to overcook. Drain.
- Alternate threading three pieces of sweet potato and a haloumi slice onto a metal or pre-soaked wooden skewer. Repeat to make 8 skewers in total. Drizzle a little more oil over chargrill plate, then add skewers and cook, turning occasionally, for 7 minutes or until charred and heated through.
- Meanwhile, add tomatoes, cucumber, rocket, balsamic and olive oil to couscous, tossing to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve skewers with couscous salad.