Spicy pork and eggplant
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 spring onion
- 200 g pork mince
- 1 clove garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 eggplant cut in 2cm cubes
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 5 cm piece of ginger sliced roughly
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups packet kaleslaw or your choice of slaw kit omit dressing
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice warmed
- chilli flakes or fresh chilli to garnish (optional)
- In a pan, heat 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil over medium-high. Add spring onion, pork and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add eggplant, stock, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ginger and 1 cup water and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes, until eggplant is soft and collapsing.
- Add baby spinach and combine well, stirring until wilted. Remove from heat. In a bowl, combine remaining sesame oil and lemon juice then stir through coleslaw.
- Serve pork with warmed rice and slaw. Garnish with chilli flakes or fresh chilli, if desired.