Spicy Carrot Soup
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 2 garlic clove sliced
- 2 carrot cut into chunks
- 500 g potatoe about 3 medium sized floury type, scrubbed and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoon reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- Fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add all the remaining ingredients apart from the fresh coriander and pumpkin seeds. Season with ground black pepper and cover with 1 litre boiling water. Bring back up to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20–25 min until the veg are tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Divide the soup among 6 bowls, then sprinkle over the coriander, pumpkin seeds and some black pepper to serve.