Salt & pepper tofu
- 2 x 300g packets firm light silken tofu
- 1½ tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red or green chilli optional, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 315 g Asian salad kit
- 500 g microwave black rice cooked
- 60 g baby rocket
- Gently pat dry tofu triangles with paper towels. Place flour, stock powder, pepper and chilli, if using, in a large zip-lock plastic bag. Add the tofu, seal bag and gently shake to coat tofu evenly.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add coated tofu and cook for 1–2 minutes each side, or until tofu is golden and crisp.
- Place the salad kit, cooked rice and the rocket in a large mixing bowl. Add half of the salad kit dressing, tossing well to combine. Divide rice salad among four serving bowls. Scatter over fried onions from salad kit. Top with tofu pieces, then serve drizzled with remaining salad kit dressing.