Rocket & pistachio pesto pasta
- 80 g wild rocket
- ½ garlic clove
- 50 g shelled unsalted pistachios
- extra virgin olive oil
- 25 g Parmesan cheese plus extra to serve
- 1 lemon
- 320 g asparagus
- 300 g dried linguine
- Pick 70g of wild rocket into a pestle and mortar, then bash to a paste with a pinch of sea salt.
- Peel and bash in ½ a clove of garlic, then pound in 50g of unshelled pistachios until fine. Muddle in 4 tablespoons of olive oil, finely grate in 25g of Parmesan, then squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon. Season to perfection with salt and black pepper, then taste and tweak the pesto to your liking.
- Cook 300g of dried linguine in a pan of boiling water according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving a mugful of starchy cooking water.
- Meanwhile, snap off the woody ends from 320g of asparagus.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto, then using a speed-peeler, peel lengths of the asparagus into the pan, loosening with a splash of reserved cooking water, if needed.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and finish with the remaining 10g of rocket and a fine grating of Parmesan. Delicious served with a crunchy salad.