Red lentil, pumpkin and tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 2 garlic clove crushed
- 1 carrot grated
- 450 g pumpkin peeled, chopped
- 190 g dried red lentils 1 cup rinsed, drained
- 3 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 4 slices wholegrain sourdough bread
- 1 avocado sliced
- 0.5 bunch of fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic, carrot, pumpkin, lentils, stock, 2 cups water and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is very tender.
- Remove from heat and puree using a stick blender.
- Meanwhile, toast bread and top with sliced avocado. Sprinkle soup with parsley, dollop with yoghurt and serve with avocado toast.