Carrot cake muesli bars
- ¾ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- ⅓ mixed linseeds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped dried dates roughly chopped
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- ¾ cup carrot grated
- zest of small orange
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 Egg plus 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Heat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
- Spread the nuts and seeds over the prepared baking tray. Bake for 6–8 min until they’re just golden.
- Combine the oats and toasted nuts and seeds in a mixing bowl with the dried chopped dates. Make a well in the centre, then add the almond butter, golden syrup, egg and egg white, carrot (finely grated and squeezed well to remove excess liquid), the orange zest, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix together until all the ingredients are well moistened.
- Using a wet hand, gently press the mixture into the prepared baking tin, then bake for 20–25 min. Cool completely in the tin on a wire rack, then remove from the tin and cut into 16 bars.