- 1 Tablespoon sunflower oil olive, peanut, rice bran, vegetable or canola oil will do too
- ¼ cup popping corn
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add a couple of kernels, when they start fizzing and moving around the pan the oil is hot enough. Add the rest of the kernels, put the lid on, and give the pan a good shake so that all the kernels get coated with the oil.
- When you hear the kernels start to pop give the pan a good shake. Do this several times when the kernels are popping to stop it burning.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat when you hear the popping slow down. Put the popcorn in a bowl and enjoy!