Pita pockets w beef & salad
- 500 g beef rump steak
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot coarsely grated
- 250 g peeled and cooked beetroots cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 60 g baby rocket
- ¼ cup pepitas/pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 100 g reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream or Dijon mustard
- 4 wholemeal pita breads halved
- Rub beef with thyme and 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add beef and cook for 3–4 minutes each side or until browned and cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Trim fat from beef before thinly slicing.
- Meanwhile, place carrot, beetroot, dill, rocket, pepitas, lemon juice and remaining oil in a salad bowl, tossing to combine.
- Place yoghurt, horseradish and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl, mixing well to combine.
- Add beef slices to salad, tossing to combine. Divide beef salad among pita pockets, then serve drizzled with yoghurt and horseradish sauce.