- 1 small wholemeal or rye cobb
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 60 g spinach leaves
- 100 g rare roasted beef slices
- 100 g roasted capsicum
- 100 g chargrilled eggplant
- 75 g sun dried tomatoes
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato relish
- Carefully cut the top off the cob loaf, set aside and hollow out the middle to leave a shell, without making walls too thin.
- Spread the pesto over the bottom and part way up the walls of the cobb. Cover the base with ²⁄³ spinach leaves, then layer with beef slices, roasted capsicum, eggplant, semi-dried tomatoes, basil leaves and the remaining spinach. Spread the inside of the cobb top with tomato relish, and place this top back on filled cob.
- Wrap in cling film or foil until ready to serve. When ready to eat, cut cobb into four wedges.