Amanda Turbill, Food Allergy and Intolerance Dietitian
Having three allergic and food intolerant children myself, I understand the challenges people face in every environment and situation I still find shopping and cooking for my family to be one of the biggest challenges and delights I have yet faced as a Dieititian.
While mouth ulcers, nausea, colic, irritable bowel, headaches, fatigue, irritability, sinus, asthma, hives and eczema can be attributed to a spectrum of causes, intolerance to food chemicals can sometimes be the underlying factor. Often overused as an explanation without correct investigation, or mislabelled as a food allergy, food chemical intolerance can be a real problem if not pinpointed and managed correctly.
Amanda can help with the following:
- Developing healthy eating plans with food allergies
- Understanding food labels and navigating eating in social situations
- Identification of food intolerances
- Ensuring optimum nutrition and quality of life with food intolerances
- Practical guidance on following an elimination diet
- Advice on appropriate tests and investigations
Jacqui Palmer, Paediatric Dietitian
Jacqui has been a Dietitian for 20 years in both Queensland and London. Jacqui has worked in some of London’s largest hospitals and witnessed such courage and determinate in the children she helped that she became committed to improving their quality of life though better nutrition. In London, Jacqui worked as a clinical paediatric dietitian at the prestigious Royal London, St Barts and Lewisham Hospitals. Jacqui has developed significant experience in complex allergies, faltering growth, diabetes (Type 1 and 2) and Autistic Spectrum disorder.
Jacqui can help with the following conditions:
- Food allergies
- Supporting parents to overcome feeding difficulties in Autistic Spectrum disorder
- Faltering growth
- Food refusal and fussy eating