Open beef & bean burger
- 300 g frozen sweet potato fries
- 400 g lean beef mince
- 2 140g tin reduced-salt baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic clove crushed
- ½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 small grainy sourdough bread rolls split
- 350 g packet kaleslaw or your choice of slaw kit dressing omitted
- ¼ cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon American mustard
- 2 tbsp Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 gherkins sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper. Place fries on one tray and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine the beef, one of the cans of baked beans, the breadcrumbs and the garlic in a bowl. Shape into four patties.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook for 4 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to prepared baking tray. Top the patties with remaining baked beans and cheese. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts and is golden brown.
- Toast the bread and place on serving plates. Combine the slaw, yoghurt, mustard and the parsley in a bowl. Season well with cracked black pepper. Spoon onto sourdough. Top with a cheesy beef patty and the gherkins. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve open burgers with sweet potato fries.