One-pot Chicken Pilaf
- 125 g skinless chicken thighs
- spray oil
- ¼ brown onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- ¼ cup basmati or long-grain rice
- ⅔ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup water or wine
- 1 carrot scrubbed, diced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- Cut chicken in chunks. Heat a non-stick pan with oil spray and cook onion until softened. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 more minutes to brown meat.
- Stir in curry paste and rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add stock, water, carrot and mixed vegetables. Bring to the boil then lower heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook for 5 more minutes or until stock is absorbed and rice, tender. Serve.