- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cup mushrooms
- 2 red capsicum
- 4 clove garlic clove
- 2-4 tbsp harissa paste depending on your preference for heat
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes optional
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- 5 tomatoes or 2 x 400g canned chopped peeled tomatoes
- 3 cup baby spinach leaves
- 4-6 Egg
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat and cook the onion until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add half of the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the other half of the mushrooms, capsicum, tomato paste, harissa, cumin, chilli, salt, pepper and garlic and cook for about 5 more minutes. Add a splash of water if it dries out and becomes too thick.
- Add tomatoes and spinach and cook for 10 minutes and until the sauce is thick.
- Make little wells in the sauce and break the eggs into these, and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes until cooked. Swirl the egg whites a bit with the sauce and try not to break the yolks. If you cover the pan it will speed up the process.
- The eggs are ready when the whites are firm and cooked and the egg yolks are soft.
- Spoon out the eggs with the sauce, garnish with coriander and serve.