Mushroom, pea and coconut korma
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 3 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 ¾ cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 ½ cups reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 ⅓ cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup almonds roughly chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, then fry the onion and garlic for 5–8 min until softened. Add the cumin and mustard seeds, then fry for 30 sec or until they begin to pop. Add the spices and fenugreek leaves and stir to combine.
- Add the mushrooms, coconut milk, 1/2 cup water and the tinned and fresh tomatoes to the pan, then bring to a gentle boil, stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 min or until the mushrooms are soft and the sauce thickened.
- Add the broccoli and peas to the curry and cook for 10 min more. Remove from the heat, stir through the almonds, then serve with the brown rice.