Mexican spicy beef with corn fritters
- 2 cobs tinned corn
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 shallots
- 2 whole Egg
- 500 g heart Smart beef strips
- 1 tpsp mexican taco mix
- 2 red capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 small avocado sliced
- Step 1 Combine corn kernels, flour, shallot and egg whites in a bowl; season with some black pepper.
- Step 2 Spray a large frying pan with olive oil; set over medium heat. Add 4 x 1/4-cup measures of corn mixture to cook 4 fritters at a time (in 2 batches to make 8 fritters). Cook, carefully flipping each fritter once, for 4–5 minutes, or until browned. Transfer fritters to a plate; cover to keep warm and set aside. Wipe pan to clean.
- Step 3 Combine beef, spice mix and capsicum in a bowl. Spray the clean frying pan with olive oil and set over high heat. Cook beef mixture, in batches, for 1–2 minutes, or until browned.
- Step 4 Plate up fritters with beef mixture, avocado and lemon; garnish with coriander and serve.