Lentil pasta with greens
- 250 g red lentil pasta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic clove crushed
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 bunch kale thick stalks removed and leaves torn
- 2 cups cooked peas
- 50 g feta crumbled
- 1 Lemon juice and zest plus extra lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook the pasta according to packet directions. Drain and set pasta aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and nuts and cook for 2 minutes, or until garlic starts to colour. Add the kale and cook, stirring, for 3–5 minutes, or until just wilted.
- Add the peas and lemon zest and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until the peas have warmed through. Season to taste. Add the pasta, feta and lemon juice, stirring to combine. Divide mixture among four serving bowls. Season again with freshly ground black pepper and serve with lemon wedges on the side.