Lemon & poppyseed cheesecake muffins
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds plus extra to garnish
- 1 Lemon juice and zest
- ½ cup reduced-fat milk
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 100 ml pure maple syrup
- 80 g olive oil spread melted
- 2 Egg
- ¼ cup light spreadable cream cheese
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lemon zest to garnish
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Line 12 holes of a ¹⁄³-cup capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Place poppy seeds in a small non-metallic bowl. Add juice and milk, stirring to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Sift flour into a large bowl, then stir through zest. Whisk together maple syrup, melted spread and eggs in a large jug, then pour into dry ingredients, along with poppy seed mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Pour half the mixture evenly into paper cases. Place a heaped teaspoon of cream cheese in centre of each case, then top with remaining mixture. Bake for 20–25 minutes or until light golden and firm. Remove pan from oven and allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make lemon glaze, place icing sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl, mixing until smooth. Drizzle lemon glaze over muffins, then serve garnished with lemon zest and extra poppy seeds.