Leek and bean soup
- 1 leek white part finely chopped
- 2 garlic clove crushed
- 2 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 2 400g tin of cannellini beans rinsed
- 100 g silverbeet 2 cups shredded
- wholegrain baguette quartered, then halved
- 60 g Cheddar cheese 1/2 cup grated
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and cook leek over medium heat for 4 minutes, until softened. Spray pan with a little more oil, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and 4 cups water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add beans and silverbeet to pan and cook for 5 minutes, or until silverbeet wilts. Top soup with sour cream and serve with cheesy bread.