Indian vegetable curry
- spray oil
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 2 tbsp medium-heat Indian curry paste
- 1 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 200 g dry red lentils rinsed
- 800 g butternut pumpkin chopped
- 1 bunch English spinach trimmed, thickly chopped
- 200 g reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp fresh mint plus extra, to serve
- 2 cups cooked rice to serve
- 60 g mango chutney 1/4 cup to serve
- 1 fresh red chilli deseeded, thinly sliced, to serve
- Step 1 Spray a saucepan with oil and place over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Step 2 Add tomatoes, stock, 1 cup water, lentils and pumpkin. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pumpkin is soft and sauce has thickened. Add spinach and cook for a further 1–2 minutes.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, combine yoghurt and mint. Serve curry on rice, top with a dollop of minted yoghurt, mango chutney and sprinkle with extra mint leaves and chilli.