Indian curry vegetable and chickpea soup
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 300 g sweet potato peeled, diced
- 300 g zucchini diced
- ¼ cup Rogan Josh curry paste
- 2 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas rinsed, drained
- ⅓ bunch fresh coriander plus extra leaves, to garnish
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt to serve
- Spray a large saucepan with oil and set over a medium heat. Sauté onion for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic, carrot, sweet potato and zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are hot.
- Stir in curry paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, stock and 2 cups of water; cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Partially cover; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes. Stir through the chickpeas and simmer for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir through coriander. Ladle soup into bowls; top each with a dollop of yoghurt and extra coriander leaves.