GF raspberry cheescake french toast
- 1 Egg
- ¼ cup reduced fat soy milk or calcium fortified almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 Gluten Free Bread
- Butter for cooking.
- 200 g frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 50 g light ricotta
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Add in pita bread and allow to soak. I suggest opening the pita slightly to allow the mixture inside for maximum absorbency. Allow pita to sit in egg mixture while you make the toppings.
- Make chia jam by heating frozen raspberries in a small saucepan on medium heat. Smash with a fork or spoon to release juices.
- Add chia seeds and stir over low heat until the mixture has thickened.
- Whisk together maple syrup and ricotta cheese.
- Heat a frypan to medium heat and grease with butter.
- Cook pita for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked and golden.
- Serve with chia jam, cheesecake cream and extra maple syrup!