- 500 g potatoe boiled, mashed (with skins), cooled
- 410 g tinned salmon drained, skin and bones removed, flaked
- ½ bunch of shallots finely chopped
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 carrot peeled, grated
- 1 lemon 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Skim milk
- 30 g plain flour
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- spray oil
- 1 lemon wedges to serve
- saffron strands to serve
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Set aside.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, combine potato, salmon, onion, zucchini, carrot and lemon zest. Using your hands, shape the mixture into 8 x 2cm thick fish cakes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm.
- Step 3 Whisk together egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Place flour and breadcrumbs into 2 separate shallow dishes. Dip each cake in flour to coat, egg and then breadcrumbs. Repeat with remaining fish cakes.
- Step 4 Place cakes onto tray and spray with oil. Bake for 20–25 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and crisp. Serve with a green salad and lemon wedges.