- 830 g tinned salmon drained, bones and skin removed and mashed (500g should be left)
- 2 spring onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Fresh parsley chopped
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch watercress trimmed, washed and dried
- 1 Lebanese cucumber peeled, halved, deseeded and cut into 1cm slices
- 1 red grapefruit segmented (reserve excess juice)
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste to season
- Combine all ingredients except the oil, and form into 12 patties. Refrigerate
- for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook patties until golden on each side.
- To prepare the salad combine all ingredients in a bowl, including any reserved grapefruit juice. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Serve fish cakes with salad. You could also serve with Notatoes.