Falafel wraps with hummus and pickled cucumber
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup wholemeal couscous
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ cup Fresh parsley
- 1 lemon lemon zest and juice
- 225 g packet falafels
- 4 large wholemeal lebanese bread
- 225 g hummus
- 60 g baby spinach
- Cover a baking tray with paper towels. Lay cucumber slices on top and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for 5 minutes to draw out moisture. Transfer to a small bowl. Add vinegar and set aside to pickle for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place couscous and ½ cup boiling water in a heatproof bowl. Cover with tea towel and set aside for 5 minutes or until water has absorbed. Using a fork, fluff up couscous. Add tomato, parsley, lemon zest and juice, gently stirring to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat falafels in microwave for 45–60 seconds or until warm.
- Place one pita bread on each serving plate. Spread with hummus, then serve topped with couscous, falafels, pickled cucumber and baby spinach.