Chocolate & fig brownies
- ¾ cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160°C/gas 4. Lightly grease and line a 16x28cm baking tray with baking paper. Put the spread and cocoa in a small pan over a low heat. Cook, stirring, until the spread melts and the mixture forms a paste. Or melt in the microwave for around 45 sec, then stir to a paste.
- Transfer the paste to a large mixing bowl, then add the sugar and stir to combine. Beat in the eggs, then the flour until combined. Stir in the dark chocolate chips and figs.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray and smooth over the surface. Bake for 20–25 min until slightly raised and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin, then cut into 18 brownies and lightly dust with icing sugar to serve.