Chilli Con Carne
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 640 g lean beef mince
- 3 garlic clove crushed
- 1 green capsicum deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salt reduced beef stock
- ½ cup Fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely diced
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened. Increase the heat, add the beef mince and stir until well coloured.
- Add the garlic, capsicum, oregano and spices and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant, then add the tinned tomatoes, stock and coriander. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- To prepare the tomato salad combine the tomato, onion, lemon juice and coriander.
- Divide meat among serving bowls and top with the tomato salad.