Chickpea, sweet potato and ginger soup
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 0.25 celery whole head finely diced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 garlic clove crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli deseeded, finely chopped
- 500 g sweet potatoe peeled, chopped
- 600 g pumpkin peeled, deseeded, chopped
- 1 400g tin of chickpeas rinsed, drained
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 20 g pepitas/pumpkin seeds 1 tbsp lightly toasted
- 20 g shredded coconut 1 tbsp lightly toasted
- lime wedge to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Cook onion and celery, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the ginger, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- Add the sweet potato, pumpkin, chickpeas, stock and 2 cups of water, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend soup in batches until smooth. Return to clean saucepan and heat over medium heat until hot. Season with cracked black pepper. Sprinkle with pepitas and coconut, and serve with a wedge of lime.