Chicken satay noodle salad
- 100 g vermicelli noodles
- 320 g stir fry veg
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 lime
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bunch fresh coriander optional
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Put 100g of vermicelli rice noodles into a large heatproof bowl, tip over 1 x 320g bag of stir-fry veg and cover with boiling kettle water. Leave to sit for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Peel and finely grate 1 clove of garlic, ½ a red chilli (deseed if you like) and the zest from 2 limes onto a platter. Add 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce, 2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter, then squeeze over the juice from the zested limes. Mix well to combine (it’ll take a little while to come together).
- Spoon a third of the peanut dressing over 4 chicken thighs and toss to coat, then griddle for 4 minutes on each side, or until dark, gnarly and cooked through.
- Finely slice 1 bunch of fresh coriander (30g) and pick and finely slice 1 bunch of fresh mint (30g), then add to the platter, reserving a small handful for garnish. Add the drained veg and noodles, and toss everything together.
- Slice the chicken 1cm-thick, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds, season, then toss to coat.
- Toss the chicken with the noodles, scatter over the reserved herbs and finely slice and sprinkle over ½ a fresh red chilli.