- 640 g skinless chicken thighs halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely chopped
- 200 g button mushrooms halved
- 2 garlic clove crushed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 8 black pitted olives optional
- ¼ cup Fresh parsley
- Steamed vegetables or Notatoes
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until golden on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until soft then add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until the mushrooms are starting to colour.
- Add the stock, sage, stalk of parsley and tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 25 minutes.
- If the sauce is not thick enough, remove the chicken and boil the sauce uncovered until it thickens.
- Add the olives and parsley and serve with steamed vegetables or Notatoes.