- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g skinless chicken breast thinly sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 75 g chorizo thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic clove crushed
- 200 g risotto rice
- tablespoon saffron strands dissolved in 1water
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum roasted and sliced
- 300 g broccoli cut into florets
- 1 cup Frozen peas
- 250 g peeled green prawns
- 1 400g tin of no-added-salt red kidney beans
- bunch of fresh parsley to serve
- 1 lemon wedges to serve
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for 2–3 minutes, or until golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return same pan to medium heat and add remaining oil. Cook onion and chorizo, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until chorizo is crisp. Add paprika and garlic; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add rice; stir to coat grains in oil.
- Add the saffron liquid, stock, tomatoes and chicken to pan with 1/2 cup water; stir to combine. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 15–20 minutes, or until rice is almost tender, adding a little water if it is becoming too dry.
- Remove lid and place roasted capsicum, broccoli, peas and prawns on top of rice. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until prawns are cooked through. Mix through the black beans. Garnish paella with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.