Chicken Katsu Salad
- 1 Egg whisked
- 4 Egg fried, to serve
- ⅔ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 skinless chicken breast cut in half horizontally
- 400 g wok-ready udon noodles blanched
- ¼ red cabbage hard core removed, shredded,
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 spring onion cut into 3cm lengths
- ½ cup Fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp miso and sesame salad dressing
- 50 g roasted edamame
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray an oven tray with olive oil, then line with baking paper.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. Place panko in another shallow bowl. Working with one fillet at a time, dip into egg, then panko to coat. Place on prepared tray. Lightly spray with oil and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. When cool enough to handle, thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, place noodles, cabbage, carrot, onion and half the coriander in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with salad dressing, tossing to combine.
- Divide noodle mixture among four serving plates. Top each with sliced chicken and fried egg. Serve chicken katsu salad sprinkled with edamame, black sesame seeds and remaining coriander.