Cheesy rice and bean-stuffed capsicums
- spray oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons Mexican chilli powder find it in the spice aisle
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice
- 2 400g tin of no-added-salt red kidney beans rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoe diced
- 2 tablespoons bunch fresh coriander chopped
- ⅔ cup Reduced-fat grated cheese
- 2 red capsicum halved, seeded
- 2 green capsicum halved, seeded
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Spray a medium frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Cook onion and zucchini, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until soft. Add chilli powder, stirring, for 1 more minute.
- Transfer onion mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add rice, kidney beans, tomato, coriander and half the cheese.
- Place capsicums cut side up on the baking tray and fill with rice mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese over capsicums and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until capsicums are tender. Serve with a green salad.