Cajun chicken rice paper rolls
- 100 g dried vermicelli
- 500 g chicken tenderloins halved lengthways
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ pineapple
- 12 rice papers
- 12 oak lettuce leaves washed, spun
- 6 Qukes/baby cucumbers quartered lengthways
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander
- ½ bunch fresh dill small sprigs picked
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large tray with baking paper.
- Place vermicelli in a large bowl, cover with hot water and set aside to soak for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in another bowl. Add Cajun spice and oil, tossing to coat. Transfer to prepared tray and bake for 10–12 minutes or until cooked.
- Lay pineapple, cut-side down, on a chopping board to cut off skin. Remove and discard core, then cut pineapple into 1cm-thin matchsticks about 8cm in length.
- To assemble, dip one rice paper into a shallow bowl of warm water for 15 seconds or until soft. Lay flat on a clean work surface, then top with one oat lettuce leaf just off-centre so frilly end extends over one side of paper. Top with some vermicelli, a little chicken, two Quke slices, one pineapple baton and some fresh coriander and dill. Fold in paper end with no frill, then roll up to firmly enclose. Continue with remaining wraps and ingredients to make 12 in total.
- To make Cajun mayo combine all ingredients in a dish. Serve rolls with mayo on the side.