Banana oat loaf
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar brown sugar is nicest
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil eg. olive, canola or rice bran
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas medium over-ripe, mashed
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¾ cup wholemeal flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease a 28cm spring form tin or two 22cm loaf tins.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and oil together until pale and creamy (about 3 minutes on high). Add vanilla and bananas, beat again until well combined.
- In another bowl, sift togther the baking mix and soda. Add to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Pour into the tin/s.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Cool in tin/s for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack.